MAIN
NEW THREADS
AD SPOT

Please review my site and tell me how to make it grow.
Protect-X Forum >> TGP, MGP, CJ, Blog, Link and Top Lists
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2
jack

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 12:49    Post subject: block bad countries traff Reply with quote

The cheaters not coming just from russian or chinese ip's. It's come from any ip's , but if you block some countries , this mean you don't count
hits from other traders and its not look so good for trade

greenrat wrote:
Sorry Max - nothing against you but Chinese traffic is worthless, so I've been told. And I've also been told that a large number of the cheat traffic comes from Russian sites. Maybe I'm being hypocritical because I'm using Protect-X which, I believe, is run from Russia.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

GreenRat

greenrat

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 16:33    Post subject: Re: block bad countries traff Reply with quote

jack wrote:
The cheaters not coming just from russian or chinese ip's. It's come from any ip's , but if you block some countries , this mean you don't count hits from other traders and its not look so good for trade

True, if I allow a ton of hits from non-productive chinese ip's then it will make my numbers look good and I may get more traders to sign up. But what happens when I send crap traffic to my traders? Poof, they are gone.

I can go buy crap traffic for a couple bucks per thousand, so for $100/day I could have 50k traffic - but what does that get me, except high on the traffic lists?
greenrat

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protect-X Support wrote:
greenrat wrote:
I'm using Protect-X which, I believe, is run from Russia.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can correct you;)
Protect-X project is run by 3 offices in USA, Israel and Ukraine. So we have no any connections with russians. Ukraine office (you may say Ukraine and Russia is the same, like post-USSR counties) is providing tech support. You can even see that we have no russian support for Protect-X.

I stand corrected - and now I know Smile

Thank you for clarifying that,
GreenRat
greenrat

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 16:48    Post subject: Re: teens-thumbs.com links to sites with exploits Reply with quote

xwild wrote:
I look at the site and it really looks nice but after scan it links to several sites that have trojans and browser exploits.

I checked every trade through Protect-X and none showed up as bad. So I visited every one of them again with McAfee SiteAdvisor turned on and it told me about two sites that have browser exploits - they have now been nuked from my trades.

It would be nice if you told me what sites you found. It would have saved me from having to do the same thing you did - and saved me from wasting valuable time. Now I can get back to being productive again. Mad
cyberpod

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 23:11    Post subject: Re: teens-thumbs.com links to sites with exploits Reply with quote

greenrat wrote:
xwild wrote:
I look at the site and it really looks nice but after scan it links to several sites that have trojans and browser exploits.

I checked every trade through Protect-X and none showed up as bad. So I visited every one of them again with McAfee SiteAdvisor turned on and it told me about two sites that have browser exploits - they have now been nuked from my trades.

It would be nice if you told me what sites you found. It would have saved me from having to do the same thing you did - and saved me from wasting valuable time. Now I can get back to being productive again. Mad

Actually he just taught you the best lesson you could have learned here bar none!!! check your trades... check your trades... then check your trades again! just causethey were clean when you made the trade with te guy don't mean they are clean now. Even guys in forums that are your best pal and are "showing you the ropes" need to have their sites checked too. A single hitbot trade can bone you up the pooper and destroy every trade you got going in short order.
cyberpod

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2007 23:13    Post subject: Re: teens-thumbs.com links to sites with exploits Reply with quote

greenrat wrote:
Now I can get back to being productive again. Mad

I should have looked more carefully at you post... Checking your traders sites is EXTREMELY productive Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

ADVERTISEMENT

ImLive Cam Adult sponsor