MAIN
NEW THREADS
AD SPOT

Trade Signup page On or Off?
Protect-X Forum >> TGP, MGP, CJ, Blog, Link and Top Lists
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
StickyGreen

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2006 01:57    Post subject: Trade Signup page On or Off? Reply with quote

Is it more beneficial for your site to have the traffic trading signup form open or closed? I didn't want to deal with the cheaters so I have had my signups closed for awhile. But now with tools like Protect-X it is easier to spot the cheaters. So is it really worth it, as far as getting extra traffic goes, to keep your signup forms open and then just take care of any cheaters that may sign up?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've kept mine open, I'm only running one site and it was easy for me to keep track of everything going on. I did have a bunch of cheaters and lame trades sign up, but I caught them fast. I'm sure once I get my other sites up and running I'll probably require a email or icq message to set up trades.
jack

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 01:03    Post subject: CJ open trade form Reply with quote

I think if you start your CJ you need open form to invite more traders to you in this period you need them more coz you need start your trade ass soon ass possible , if you just start it you check it few times per day and this not problem delete bad traders, but after you have some traff and you take your place in the niche more traders know you i think much better it be off !

I saw in one of my traders , TRADE FORM OFF and they put few rules :

"If you wanna trade with me :
1.You need ADD your site to Protect-X.com Free Anti Cheat System and check your Traffic with them.
2. Contact to me by ICQ ..........
3. Send at least of 50 hits to get your trade activated."

I think i put same Rules to my CJ too !

max

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 11:54    Post subject: Re: Trade Signup page On or Off? Reply with quote

SG wrote:
Is it more beneficial for your site to have the traffic trading signup form open or closed? I didn't want to deal with the cheaters so I have had my signups closed for awhile. But now with tools like Protect-X it is easier to spot the cheaters. So is it really worth it, as far as getting extra traffic goes, to keep your signup forms open and then just take care of any cheaters that may sign up?

If you have a time to check your Cj at least once per day, then you don't need to off the trade form imho.
But as you have many sites, the disabled trade form is the best way for you. Though to answer all the people in e-mail and ICQ is also not simple thing.Wink
danvin

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a compromise you can open form, but start to trade after personal talk
fatfoo

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2007 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best way is to do this...

Keep your signup forms OPEN , however make sure that the default setting new trades is "DISABLED"

Ask your traders to contact you on ICQ when they sign up.

For example, see my trade page:

http://www.obscene42.com/webmasters.html

99% of the time people who contact you by ICQ are honest webmasters.

I say keep your trade forms open, because you don't wanna loose new trades, just check your trades daily/weekly for cheaters, and you'll be fine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1

ADVERTISEMENT

ImLive Cam Adult sponsor